Authors and Advisors
- Learning outcomes
Module 3: Intellectual property considerations
- Understanding the four intellectual property protection types
- Choosing the best intellectual property protection for commercializing your research
- Commercializing your intellectual property
- Pressure points and pitfalls of commercialization
- Identifying and resolving conflicts related to intellectual property
- Internal and external factors to pressure points and pitfalls
- Intellectual property obligations for funding
- Module summary
- Resource bank
Course features include:
- Useful advice and resources on acquiring patents, copyrights, and trademarks.
- An interactive activity to help you to understand different intellectual property protections in relation to the potential value of your own research.
- A reflective and interactive activity to help you consider the commercialization value of your research.
- Boston University, Boston MA
- Duke University, Durham NC
- Ohio State University, Columbus OH
- Oxford University, Oxford UK
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis MN
- University of Southern Maine, Portland ME